We totally understand that using a Conditioner Bar on your hair instead of a normal cream rinse is a little different, and a lot of our customers have had some questions. We are going to answer them here so you can rest easy and enjoy the all-natural, hair-loving nourishment that our Conditioner Bars provide!
What’s in the conditioner bar?
Our 3-in-1 Hair Conditioner Bars contain no plastic and no synthetics; they are natural. We use a balance of conditioning agents, herbs and oils to nourish without over oiling hair. Here’s the full ingredient list:
Behentrimonium Chloride, Ethyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol Alcohol (from sustainable vegetable oils), Cocoa Butter, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Organic Lavandula Hybrida Grosso Herb Oil, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate (probiotic-based ferment), Organic Neem Oil, Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil, Horsetail, Marshamllow Root
How long does a conditioner bar last?
While they are small, they are super concentrated. That means there is more there than it appears.
- They are small on purpose (to help them last longer)
- Each bar provides 40-50 uses…
- That’s about 4-8 weeks or more depending on how often you use it…
- and about the equivalent to 2-3 bottles of traditional conditioners
One Conditioner Bar will last 40-50 uses including all the ways to use it, which are explained below. Yes, other Hair Conditioner Bars on the market are larger, but most of them contain more oil and do not last as long. Larger bars have more surface area, which means more of the bar is exposed to water and gets washed down the drain when used.
One of the biggest tips we can give you to extend the life of your Conditioner Bar is to keep it dry between uses.
Do conditioner bars lather?
Our Conditioner Bars do not “lather”, they are not soap. They activate with water, creating a silky feeling “cream” and that is what you massage into your hair. Remember… a little goes a long way!
How do you use a solid hair conditioner bar?
- Use as a Daily Conditioner: Glide the bar over your wet hair and massage in. Leave it on your hair for 1-3 minutes then rinse well. Allow the bar to dry between uses.
- Use as a Leave-In Conditioner: Wet bar and massage a small amount onto your fingertips. Then apply to the ends of your hair as well as any frizzy areas to calm and nourish.
- Use as a Deep Conditioning Hair Mask: Melt a small portion of the Conditioner Bar over low heat. Once warmed and melted, whisk in 2-3 teaspoons of water to create a creamy hair mask. Apply to wet hair and wash out after 30 minutes. If you have extra dry hair, you can add a dab of our Whipped Body Butter into the recipe.
EXTRA TIP: one of our customers told us they use the Conditioner Bar as a Shaving Bar and got a smooth silky shave, wow!
Do I need a conditioner bar to use natural shampoo?
Not everyone needs a conditioner all the time. Many of our customers only use the Shampoo Bar and the Hair Tea for a rinse. And some use the Shampoo Bar without an ACV rinse; it depends on your hair type. We have more tips for using our Shampoo Bar here.
Customers with kinky curly hair find our conditioner bar a must-have for daily use, regardless of which shampoo they use. It has helped many replace multiple products with one unassuming looking glorious, and plastic-free, bar.
How are the conditioner bars packaged?
Our solid conditioner bars are packaged in a recyclable, biodegradable, and compostable glassine bag. When used as an after-shampoo conditioner, each bar is the equivalent to about 2 bottles of traditional liquid conditioner (minus the plastic bottle waste, of course).
We hope we have answered your questions about our Conditioner Bars. If we missed anything, please post a comment below and we’ll get you an answer asap!