As you know, we are very passionate about nourishing your body from the outside in, nourishing the mind by being honest about our products, and nourishing the spirit with products that are made from natural ingredients that you can trust. Well, we also feel that way about everything you put on your skin, including your makeup.
If you take your healthy and natural beauty regimen past skincare, and use makeup, here are a few tips for the journey… (pssst. it’s all about moisturizer and weekly routines).
Why is moisturizer so important, aren’t we talking makeup?
Moisturizing reduces the chance of future skin problems. The right moisturizer will help maintain the balance of your skin, help your skin stay young, and fight wrinkles. If you don’t use a moisturizer at all on your skin, you could develop more wrinkles, eeek! When the skin barrier is compromised (which means it is dry) low levels of inflammation occur and ultimately lead to a breakdown of collagen and accelerated aging over time.
- Moisturizer is your friend if you have blemishes, as dryness can make your acne worse.
- Moisturizer holds water in the outermost layer of skin; it helps protect your skin from the effects of the sun and dry air.
- Moisturizer must be used to hydrate your skin before applying base makeup. It helps get the flawless look everyone loves. And, if your skin is dry, your makeup will show it and won’t look as natural.
Body butter is a great base for mineral makeup.
Our Body Butter is not only a great moisturizer, it’s a great base for mineral makeup too. It’s a whipped blend of organic shea butter, organic cocoa butter, almond oil and jojoba oil, which makes it a great way to lock in the moisture on your face prior to makeup application. After washing your face with an all-natural cleanser (we recommend our Clear Facial Bar), put a tiny dab of the body butter into your hands, let it warm a little and apply it to the face.
- If you are using mineral makeup, always wait at least 5 or 10 minutes after you apply your moisturizer before applying your minerals.
- If you apply minerals right after your moisturizer, they will pull the moisture out of your face, which is why most people believe mineral makeup dries their skin. Always let your moisturizer fully absorb so that it can do its job before minerals are applied.
Weekly rejuvenation (and “me-time”) makes your makeup look even better.
We also recommend rejuvenating your face at least once a week with our facial masks. They cleanse, gently exfoliate, and moisturize your face naturally. And, the “me-time” surrounding a weekly facial will help relieve stress. Use the time for a short meditation, prayers, and simple thoughts that will nourish your spirit.
We have our original Oats & Herbs blend as well as 4 fruit and herb boosted blends:
- Mango for boosted moisturizing
- Papaya to rejuvenate, smooth and soften
- Strawberry to revitalize tired skin
- Turmeric to help reduce scars and blemishes.
Since you can mix in your own hydration blend, you have complete control over your unique skincare needs. Click here to see our Hydration Blend ideas. You will love the results!
What’s the big deal about Mineral Makeup anyway?
First, be aware that not all mineral makeup is organic so check your labels; there should not be any ingredients in it that would cause any type of skin irritation. Ok, great, organic… but what is it? Mineral makeup is a dry loose powder of minerals. They are preservative-free, have a longer shelf life than cream-based makeup, and since there are no fillers; a light layer is all you need to balance your skin tone and look natural.
These loose powder minerals do not absorb into your skin, but rather adhere to it. This may help create a barrier on your face protecting it from environmental hazards such as pollution and toxins; which are then washed away at the end of the day with the minerals.
Love your skin and your skin will love you!
Don’t be afraid to use our Body Butter as a facial moisturizer; it will help your face stay moisturized and will prepare it for makeup application and the day ahead. And remember to use it again at night after you remove your makeup. Always treat your skin to the best all-natural and organic products, it will be worth it!
- Product on saleCharcoal & Tea Tree Face and Body Bar$11.00
- MITI – Skin, Beard, and Tattoo Salve$15.00
- Calm Body Butter$18.00
- Pure Body Butter$18.00
- Product on saleLavender & Shea Butter – Body and Shaving Soap$11.00
- Product on saleOatmeal and Calendula Fragrance Free Hand and Body Soap$11.00