Our CALM body butter is a whipped blend of organic shea butter, organic cocoa butter, almond oil, and jojoba oil. Scented with lavender essential oils, this body butter will soothe your senses with the calming aromas of natural lavender buds. Use it on your toes, heels, stomach, face, hair… anywhere you want to lock in moisture without leaving a greasy residue.
Calm Body Butter
Each jar is packed with 2.5 ounces of skin-loving cocoa butter, shea butter, almond oil, jojoba oil, and 100% pure essential oil.
Out of stock
Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter, Jojoba Oil, Lavender Essential Oil, Shea Butter
Coconut Oil Free, Vegan
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Butters and Salves
If the body butter you purchased contains essential oils, do not add more. We use recommended safe amounts of essential oils to our products, and adding more could cause harm to your beautiful skin and body.
If you love using your own essential oi blends, purchase the Pure Body Butter. It’s unscented, making it the perfect base for adding a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Just temper (instructions here) and add your favorite essential oil while whipping.
Some herbal salves are intended to be applied lightly, while others are best when applied liberally and massaged in to allow the herbal components to nourish deep down.
All salves are composed of herbs and should be used with respect. Do not apply hot herbs (such as cayenne) to open wounds, and do not use any salve which contains an allergen.
Herbal salves should be stored in a cool environment (leaving them in a hot car is not recommended) to extend their potency, consistency, and shelf life.
Products labeled with a temperature-sensitive notice are designed with ingredients that melt around body temperature. Especially in the summer months or in hot climates, these products can change in texture and consistency while in transit.
- To protect your natural products in the early spring, through summer and late fall, select “Temperature Sensitive Shipping” at checkout. Your order will ship in our 100% compostable padded shipping insert.
- If temperature-sensitive products arrive melted, we won’t be able to replace or refund them.
- Once temperature-sensitive products arrive, keep in a cool spot away from direct sunlight.
For Body Butters and Salves:
If melting does happen, you can simply pop the product into the fridge to solidify and it will still be usable (though may not look as pretty!). In fact, we highly recommend that you put your products into the refrigerator or freezer prior to opening. This will help ensure that your products are solid, and will avoid spilling the melted product upon opening.
If your product was whipped, see our how to restore whipped body butter post.
Body butter is a great way to lock in moisture for your entire body. We have customers who use it every day on hair, face, and all the way to their toes! Simply scoop out a small amount of the butter, warm in your hands, and apply.
- Use it after your shower and you just might find that you do not need to reapply throughout the day, as you would with a typical lotion.
- Apply a pea sized amount of body butter to ends of your hair for a super intense conditioner.
- Body butter is a wonderful moisturizer for your face but only use a tiny dab.
- Rub an ample amount on dry feet, cover with socks and wake up with supple moisturized toes.
A salve (also called a balm, ointment, or cream) is an infusion of natural oils with herbs, waxes, and butters. Used for topical application, salves provide a way to soothe, protect, and nourish your skin with the power of nature.
Depending on the formula, natural salves and ointments can be used externally for:
- dry skin
- skin rashes
- insect bites
- sore muscles
- soothing chapped or irritated skin
- minor cuts
- chest congestion
- minor burns
- stress relief, and more.
All of our herbal salves are 100% natural, and organic ingredients are used where available. Our herbal salves are:
- petroleum free
- preservative free
- parabens free
- alcohol free
- synthetic free
We jar our body butter when it’s whipped, silky, and smooth. But, if your jar was left in the car on a hot day, it could have melted and developed a grainy texture. The good news is that it’s perfectly safe to use and won’t affect the performance of the body butter.
The graininess (or butter bumps) are a result of different fatty acids cooling down at different temperatures. If you want to restore the wonderful whipped texture you can re-whip your body butter. This post explains how to restore your body butter to its silky smooth whipped state.
Our facial powder mixes allow you to customize your facial for your unique skin type, and allow you to modify as your skin changes with each season. You can even customize for different areas of your face.
- Choose exactly what you put on your skin, and avoid harmful preservatives by hydrating our powder with any liquids you choose.
- Formulate a facial mask for dry winter skin, oily summertime skin, and even create custom blends for your t-zone… all without buying additional products.
- Enjoy smooth, clean, and moisturized skin for a fraction of the cost of other facial masks—one pouch will make approximately 15-20 masks.
Which powder blend is best for you?
Our original Oat & Herb powder is suitable for all skin types.
The Turmeric powder blend is boosted with french green clay and turmeric making it especially suitable for mature or damaged skin.
The Papaya powder blend is boosted with papaya fruit to help balance the oiliness of the skin & as an exfoliant on dry areas. Use to rejuvenate, smooth, and soften for a radiant complexion.
Winter Skin Blend:
- 1 tbsp facial mask powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened all-natural yogurt
- 2-3tsp boiling water
Mix yogurt with the facial powder. Add boiling water. Let sit 1-3 minutes. Apply to face. Rinse off after 5-10 minutes.
Oily Skin Hydration Blend:
- 1 tbsp facial mask powder
- 1 tsp warmed coconut oil
- 1 whipped egg white
- 2-3tsp boiling water
- 1 drop Tea Tree essential oil (optional)
Mix whipped egg white with the facial powder. Mix in melted coconut oil, then add boiling water. Blend well and let sit 1-3 minutes. Apply to face. Rinse off after 5-10 minutes.
Dry Skin Hydration Blend:
- 1 tbsp facial mask powder
- 1.5-2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp honey
- 2-3tsp boiling water
- 1 drop Lavender essential oil (optional)
Mix olive oil with the facial powder. Add boiling water and blend well. Let sit 1-3 minutes. Apply to face. Rinse off after 5-10 minutes.
A wide variety of hydration blend options allows you control over unique skincare needs. Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Egg, Honey, Essential Oils, Teas, Yogurt, Coffee, Aloe Vera, & Hydrosols can be used to create a hydration blend for your facial mask—allowing you to blend a custom facial mask that’s perfect for your unique skin. Just a few ideas are listed below:
- Olive Oil – a moisturizing oil that does not clog pores, enhances exfoliation and an overall beauty booster.
- Coconut Oil – Packed with vitamin E, coconut oils helps smoothen skin by boosting your natural moisture barrier.
- Yogurt – Containing lactic acid and alpha hydroxy acid, can help to dissolve dead skin cells, assisting with clogged pores, while moisturizing and creating a natural glow.
- Egg White – Helps to firm skin and reduce redness
- Honey – Packed with antioxidants, opens pores making them easier to cleanse, and boosts the complexion with high moisturizing and soothing properties.
- Essential Oils – adding 1 drop of your favorite essential oil can add skin loving properties and an aromatherapy element to your mask.
Mixing your perfect facial mask is fun and easy:
- Mix 1 tbsp facial mask powder with 1-2 tbsp of your preferred hydration blend.
- Slowly add hot water (1tsp at a time) until you achieve a paste.
- Let the mask steep for a few minutes prior to applying.
Once the mask is ready, simply smooth over the face, massaging to gently exfoliate. Then, sit back to relax & enjoy for 5-10 minutes. When ready, wipe off & dispose of the mask. Rinse face with cool water, optionally follow up with a dab of Alō Body Butter, and enjoy your smooth, clean, and moisturized face!
Every ingredient is 100% natural, minimally processed, preservative free, and sourced organic when available.
All of our facial powders are made with a base of :
Organic Gluten Free Oats aid in mild cleansing, gently exfoliate and are a wonderful natural facial moisturizer.
Kaolin Clay helps to detoxify your skin by drawing out impurities deep within your pores.
Lavender Buds act as a gentle exfoliant, provide a light fragrance to the base powder, help detoxify and tone the skin.
Calendula Petals act as a gentle exfoliant and help stimulate the blood flow to help improve the appearance of your skin.
The Papaya Powder blend is our original oats and herbs base, boosted with Papaya
The Turmeric Powder blend is boosed with Turmeric & French Green Clay
There is more to your skin what you can see. Hormones, healthy habits, and indulging in life’s excesses all play a role in the health and appearance of your skin. Before you start to worry about what your skin will look like 30 years from now and start investing in different skin care products, you should educate yourself on your skin type. Grab a spot next to the mirror and keep reading to discover more about your skin and how to care for it.
First, take some mental notes about your skin to figure out your skin type:
- Pay attention to how your skin feels on any given day of the week, in the morning, afternoon, and evening. Make a mental note about when it’s dry or oily feeling (or if it feels the same all the time!)
- Take note of how your skin feels 10-15 minutes after you wash your face. Wash with a quality soap, pat dry (don’t rub) and don’t use a moisturizer – this will let your skin’s natural condition shine through.
- Take a close look at the areas on your face that feel tight, dry, or become oily right after cleaning.
After paying attention to your skin, you should be able to pinpoint of which of the standard categories your skin falls into. You can also take the short quiz at the end of this article to help you analyze your results.
For sensitive and dry skin: we recommend our Pure Oatmeal and Calendula bar. It’s fragrance-free, filled with oats & calendula, and will quickly become your favorite head-to-toe soap. The formula rinses well and leaves your skin moisturized and supple.
For oily skin that’s not as sensitive, we recommend our Clear face and body detox bar. It’s going help remove excessive oil deposits and grime that can clog your pores, yet it won’t dry you out like commercial soaps and alcohol cleansers can.
For “normal” skin (those lucky individuals who never had the teenage pimply class photos… grrrrrrr you!) we recommend nearly any bar we make! There are a few exceptions though. We don’t recommend using our shampoos for facial soaps. They will tend to dry your face if used as a daily facial cleanser. You should also avoid using our utility bar, Katherine. She’s best suited for helping you wash the dishes!
Bonus on all of our signature soaps… they are vegan, zero-waste, all-natural, free of chemical colorants and artificial fragrances, and retain 100% of their natural glycerin!
Temperature Sensitive Product Notice: This product is made with ingredients that are temperature sensitive. In hot temperatures (warm-weather shipping, if left in the car, etc.) it may melt or change in texture and consistency. In the late spring, through summer and early fall, we recommend selecting our Temperature Sensitive Shipping option at checkout. For more information, see our FAQ on shipping and storing temperature-sensitive products.
Unless otherwise noted, all items sold individually. Pictures show multiple items to illustrate size, shape, and variances in our handcrafted goods.
Disclaimer: Alō products are handmade using natural ingredients. Please allow for color and design differences in each batch.
Information, statements, and reviews regarding products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. There is no guarantee of specific results. Alo Goods assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.