A wood soap dish is a great way to keep your natural soap dry, and lasting longer.
If your soap dish doesn’t drain, water and glycerine combine to dissolve your lovely bar of soap. Avoid causing your soap to “melt” or get “goopy” with a natural wooden soap dish!
Each dish is unique!
- Soaps decks vary in color from nearly white to cherry red and chocolate brown.*
- They have a fantastic (and natural) familiar wood scent.
- Each dish is handmade by our trusty woodworker
- The stair-stepped “boardwalk” style allows for minimal soap to wood contact, which means your soap will dry a quickly as possible.
Tender love and care for your soap dish:
- Clean your soap dish of any soapy residue by quickly scrub your dish under running warm water and allow to air dry.
- Never place your wood dish in the dishwasher or submerge your dish in the sink.
- To disinfect and clean your wood soap dish, wipe it with full-strength white vinegar.
- Refinish your soap dish if you notice the soap starting to stick.
Extend the life of your soap dish:
We recommend using soap dishes in pairs. Use one dish for the life of your bar, then wipe it clean, set it aside, and use the second dish with your new bar. This allows your soap dish to fully dry out. Alternating dishes will prevent mold and mildew from developing, and it will prevent the wood from rotting.
*Note: Darker woods may “leak” tannins (naturally occurring colors) when exposed to water.