Herbal Tea for Hair and Scalp
Herbal teas and infusions are centuries old hair treatment to naturally nourish hair. Herbal hair and scalp tea can soften, restore luster, body, bounce, and manageability to all hair types. It can also soothe irritated, dry, or flaky scalps. Rinsing your hair with an herbal hair tea is a simple and meditative treat. Simply brew your tea, then apply to your hair.
Available in 1-ounce packages, our herbal hair and scalp tea packs provide enough hair tea for 4-5 “servings”.
How to brew and use our herbal hair and scalp tea:
Step 1: Brew your hair tea
Herbal hair tea can be made into a traditional tea with water or infused into a cleansing vinegar rinse.
To create a traditional tea with water:
- Steep 2 tablespoons of the herbs in 2 cups water. Let steep for at least 30 minutes. Steep overnight for a potent brew.
- Strain herbs from the tea. Potent brews can be diluted by adding 2 additional cups of water (optional).
- Store unused tea for up to 10-14 days in the refrigerator, in an airtight container.
To create a cleansing vinegar rise:
- Place 4-5 tablespoons of herbs into a glass jar and cover with 2 cups of organic raw apple cider vinegar.
- Allow mixture to steep in a tightly closed jar in a cool dark place for 2-3 weeks.
- Shake the jar daily and strain out the herbs when ready.
- Store unused vinegar infused tea for up to one year in the refrigerator, in an airtight container.
Step 2: Apply your brewed hair tea to nourish your hair & scalp
For the traditional tea with water:
- Pour over your head, massaging the tea into your hair and scalp. Keep a large bowl under your head to catch the tea and reapply several times.
- Rinse with clear water if desired, or leave in for continued nourishment. Towel dry hair (tea may color towel) and enjoy your nourished locks.
For the cleansing vinegar hair tea rinse:
- Dilute 1 tablespoon of the vinegar in 1 cup of water. Rinse through hair after shampooing to deeply cleans your locks.
- Or, store your herbal infused vinegar in the shower in a squirt bottle to apply 1-2 tablespoons undiluted rinse to hair after shampooing. Rinse with cool water or leave in for extra conditioning and scalp treatment.
Please note: our hair tea is for external use only.
Sustainably Packaged Hair and Scalp Tea
Our hair tea is packaged in biodegradable cello bags made from wood cellulose fibers sourced with sustainable forestry principles, certified biodegradable, compostable and made carbon zero. Each bag meets ASTM D6400, EN13432 standards for CA and other states. Our printed cards and labels are printed on recycled (and recyclable) paper too!