My recipe is 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar to 4 cups water. I mix up 4 cups of the rinse in a large bowl and take it into the shower with me. Then after the first rinse, I dip my hair into it, squish the mounds of hair around, pour the rest over my head. and rinse it all out.
If you have short hair, you can make a smaller mix and put it in a squeeze bottle for easier application.
You can also infuse herbs in the vinegar to make a custom rinse for your hair. Simply add dry herbs of your choice tot he vinegar, and then let them steep for 2-4 weeks. Our herbal hair and & scalp tea is a perfect compliment to ACV
Here are a few
- rosemary has long been used to condition and to deepen hair color
- chamomile can highlight blonde or light brown hair
- calendula conditions and nourishes the scalp
- lavender, thyme, witch hazel, and yarrow will help with oily hair
- nettles can help control dandruff and scalp issues
- horsetail helps with brittle hair and conditioning