We use a blend of coconut and olive oils for our custom soap bars, creating a natural off-white/cream base color which can be enhanced with natural colorants. Alō soaps are created with 100% all-natural additives, and the range of color each time you use a natural colorant is part of the beauty of all-natural soaps. Exact colors cannot be guaranteed. Colors will vary between batches.
- Black: activated charcoal provides a black that will range from a dark gray to a smokey black.
- Natural to Brown: a rich brown achieved by the use of cocoa powder in the soap batter while lighter naturals are obtained by the batter alone through using additives such as coffee or beer.
- Green: a natural green with the addition of botanicals and herbs such as spirulina powder or alfalfa infusions. Note: greens tend to fade when exposed to light and soaps should be stored away from light.
- Yellows to Orange: a sunny yellow to bright vibrant orange can be created by an infusion of annatto seeds, paprika, or carrots.
- Purple: a lovely purple, but not a bright shocking purple is achieved by the addition of alkanet infused oils.
- Pink: can range from a faint pink to deep rose pink. Achieved with madder root, clays, and other botanicals.
- Blue: we use natural blue indigo powder to achieve a variety of blues.
Botanical Soap Colorant Examples
Color disclaimer: we use all-natural botanicals to color our soaps. Pictures provided are approximations of color in the final batch. Colors can vary in each bar, each batch, and with each use of colorant.